- A new permanent ranger for the Brush Creek – Hayden District is now in place. After taking a week to get accustomed to his new role, Ranger Jason Armbruster met with Bigfoot 99 to share his goals for the position.
- The upcoming election season could produce significant changes at both the state and local levels. With most of the municipal and county terms expiring in December, there’s sure to be at least a few new faces in government offices across Carbon County and Wyoming.
- The Old Pen is making strides toward the highly anticipated renovation of the old guards’ quarters. Officials will accept bids through May 17th and construction is slated to begin as soon as possible.
- After hosting open houses last month, the Carbon County Wyoming Public Lands Initiative Committee is now creating proposals to fit the interests of the public on the county’s four Wilderness Study Areas. Last week committee members discussed options for the Prospect Mountain and Encampment River Canyon.
- High School track teams wrapped up their regular season schedule in a big way over the weekend.