- School District #1 officials are proposing ways to provide more rigorous classes at Rawlins High School. The move is a response to the cutback on college-level courses offered at the Carbon County Higher Education Center because of budget constraints.
- The lawsuit the Carbon County Board of Commissioners is bringing against major pharmaceutical companies over opioid abuse was filed in Wyoming District Court on May 8th. County officials want to hold 15 companies financially responsible for what is described in the lawsuit as a public health crisis. No other plaintiffs have joined the lawsuit yet.
- At about 11 this morning, local first responders will be dispatched to a simulated crash off of Interstate 80 at exit 221. The exercise is to test response times and care of patients. It is anticipated to last about two hours.
- The schedule has been set for this year’s summer concert series at the Rawlins Music in the Park. The annual event kicks off June 21st with the last concert slated for August 16th. With eight different bands set to play throughout the summer, Rawlins residents will have plenty of entertainment on Thursday nights.
- It was an outstanding weekend for the county’s high schools as they entered the post season and came away with 31 individual regional track championships.