- Dirty Boyz Sanitation has lost its lawsuit on appeal against the City of Rawlins. The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver, on Monday, upheld a lower court ruling that the city’s flow-control ordinance does not violate its agreement with commercial trash haulers.
- A man from Kentucky appeared in Carbon County District Court on Monday to plead not guilty to trafficking 25 pounds of marijuana.
- The construction work on phase two of the Rawlins DDA’s facade easement project is underway, having begun in early May. The list of buildings to be worked on in the coming months includes the Hugus-Ferguson building, Rawlins City Hall, and the Aspen House restaurant, among others.
- A simulated emergency on the Colorado Interstate Gas Plant Road, off of i-80 near Sinclair, yesterday tested the coordinated responses of local law enforcement officials, fire fighters, and EMT’s. The incident involved a crash between two pickup trucks.
- Saratoga Cowboy Kasen York has secured a spot in the top four heading into the state event, but will take a weekend to get out and do some roping.