- Facing financial struggles, the Saratoga Care Center is asking the Saratoga Town Council to consider a bond to ensure the nursing facility can maintain its operations.
- In Rawlins, tempers flared during Tuesday’s City Council meeting when a vote on the long anticipated Street Rehabilitation Project was postponed. Council pushed back on a recommendation from staff to reject the two bids it received after hearing comments from a construction company about flaws in the bid request that city hall sent out. Instead, council wants more information.
- If you are looking for the next rest stop on I-80, you may have to “hold it” a little longer. The Wagonhound Rest area between Elk Mountain and Arlington is closed for several months, starting today. Workers are replacing decks at the Wagonhound interchange. During construction, traffic will be diverted onto the exit and entrance ramps around the bridges. As a result, no traffic will be allowed to exit at Wagonhound Road. No stopping allowed. The closure is expected to continue through September. The next WYDOT-operated rest areas are at Fort Steele to the west and the Summit east of Laramie.
- A representative from Wyoming’s Help Me Grow program paid a visit to members of the Carbon County Alliance for Drug Endangered Children on Tuesday to discuss the program.
- The Rawlins boys basketball team are working hard this summer in hopes of another state tournament appearance next season.