- In Saratoga, the Upper Platte Valley Solid Waste Disposal District is seeking help from town officials in its ongoing effort to crack down on residents who are tossing their household trash into dumpsters illegally.
- The Rawlins City Council is closer to finalizing the budget for the upcoming Fiscal Year. During Tuesday’s meeting, council passed the $32 million dollar budget on second reading.
- Back to Saratoga, with an emergency ordinance amendment, the Saratoga Town Council changed the definition of a subdivision to include parcels of land separated into two or more parts rather than three or more as the rule was previously written.
- The annual Pen to Pen Fun Run has run its course and will not be back next year. Organizers told Bigfoot 99 in May that this summer’s event needed to draw 100 runners. That did not happen.
- Residents of the Platte Valley are asked to assist the Saratoga-Encampment-Rawlins Conservation District in their efforts to remove noxious weeds in wildlife habitat areas this Saturday.
- A select few student athletes will see some action this weekend which will mainly take them across the state.