- Discussion of the Saratoga Saw Mill fire continued Thursday during a Local Emergency Planning Committee meeting. County officials said while they don’t have jurisdiction over the Town of Saratoga’s regulations, they are willing to work with the town to put proactive measures in place.
- Funded by a grant from the Wyoming Community Foundation, the Wyoming Restorative Justice Council is holding symposiums across the state to present a different approach to the criminal court system. Proponents say restorative justice is less about punishment and more about changing criminals and healing victims. Next Thursday, the group is bringing what it calls their “road trip” to Carbon County.
- Plans to replace the sewer system at Saratoga Elementary are set to take place this summer with an approval from the local water and sewer board.
- Rawlins residents are encouraged to take advantage of an upcoming opportunity to dispose of construction and demolition waste for free at the municipal landfill. The city’s annual Free Dump Days have been scheduled for June 4th through June 10th.
- It’s the post season for the high schools across the county.