- The US Forest Service is undergoing leadership changes within the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest, which has resulted in a current vacancy in the Brush Creek Hayden Ranger District.
- The Board of Carbon County Commissioners is considering joining with other Wyoming counties in a class action lawsuit against the major pharmaceutical companies, in an effort to hold manufacturers financially responsible for the opiate crisis.
- Since receiving recommendations on improving the South Central Wyoming Emergency Medical Services last summer, its Joint Powers Board has been reviewing the suggestions to see which fit the community best for sustainable service.
- Volunteer tax preparers with the Wyoming Free Tax Service will begin holding workshops in Carbon County as soon as January. The free service is available to residents making less than $60,000 a year and will be available through most branches of the Carbon County Library System.
- The opening weekend for the 2017-18 winter season was a good one for the high schools of the county.