- HEM High School is hosting Carbon County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Sarah Chavez for a presentation on the dangers of sexting and cyber-bullying.
- A new Circuit Court Judge has been named to replace Jane Eakin when she retires from the bench here in Carbon County in February. Governor Matt Mead, on Friday, named Susan Stipe to preside over the Second Judicial District here. Stipe is currently the Assistant District Attorney in Laramie County. Stipe worked in Rawlins after graduating from the University of Wyoming Law School in 1999. Governor Mead said in a statement that Stipe has “a wealth of experience” in both criminal and municipal law. Judge Eakin will step down on February 16th.
- In Rawlins, pending some tweaks to the blueprints, the city’s Urban Systems Committee is expected to recommend approval of an underpass below the heavily-used Higley Boulevard bypass.
- In Saratoga, the Carbon County Impact Joint Powers Board, last week, set a timeline to complete improvements to the town’s lagoon system in the wake of some recent delays.
- Week number two of the high school winter season is in the books.