- After nearly two hours of interviews, the Carbon County Republican Central Committee voted to advance the names of three candidates to be considered for the empty seat on the board of county commissioners. In an apparent reversal on a previous decision, the committee also disqualified Democratic candidate, Dr Dave Throgmorton.
- In Saratoga, officials have selected a contractor to move forward with constructing improvements for the town’s lagoon system.
- After struggling to keep its doors open during a financially tumultuous year, the Boys and Girls Club of Carbon County in Rawlins is still on shaky financial ground. The non profit’s main funding source, the CCSD #1 Rec Board, announced in an email last week it will not fund any nonprofits for Fiscal Year 2019-2020, but abruptly reversed it’s decision late Friday without explanation.
- The US Forest Service has honed its Medicine Bow Landscape Vegetation Analysis on three predominant themes after last month’s check-in sessions.
- Recap of a big weekend of sports action.