- The Carbon County Council of Governments has begun organizing the 2018 committee for the 5th Penny Tax. On Tuesday, city officials in Rawlins designated Scott Hannum to represent the municipality on the committee.
- After initially being told by the Wyoming Departments of Environmental Quality to do studies of the ground water at the old Encampment landfill site, the Upper Platte Valley Solid Waste Disposal District is now being told by the state agency to hold off on the work at this time.
- After receiving 10 bids for a new half-ton pickup truck to be used by the city’s fire chief, the Rawlins City Council accepted a bid from a Riverton dealership.
- The Town of Saratoga expects to purchase a new jetter for the sewer system within the month with a few agencies expressing interest in submitting bids.
- Some scores from the weekend as the Carbon County High School sports were jam packed.