- In an update to a story first reported by Bigfoot 99, the preliminary results of an autopsy performed on a Carbon County infant have been released.
- In Saratoga, the Planning Commission has granted a none month special use permit for an individual to live in a recreational vehicle on a lot where that use is not normally allowed as a temporary solution of people illegally living in RVs with town limits.
- Wyoming is once again participating in the First Day Hikes initiative, offering guided hikes at 16 state parks and historic sites planned for New Year’s Day.
- Carbon County School District #1 Superintendent Mike Hamel said as the school finance recalibration process moves forward he remains confident that schools will have the resources they need.
- In Washington, Senate and House Republicans have struck a deal – an “agreement in principal”, they call it – on their tax reform bills Republican leaders in the senate, including Orrin Hatch of Utah and John Cornyn of Texas, announced yesterday that the tax cuts package could be ready for a vote next week.
- The Encampment girls basketball team is coming off a big weekend and looks to keep their momentum. the motto of the early season is “Live and Learn” heading into another busy weekend of play.