- Since 2016, officials in Carbon County have been working to fund an expansion of the county’s youth crisis center, referring to the current 2,000 square foot facility as, “Bursting at the seams”. Yesterday, officials announced the necessary funding for the project has been secured.
- Also looking to expand, is the Saratoga Jet Center at Shively Airfield. The improvements include accommodating more planes and increasing Saratoga’s economy.
- Those interested in learning about the Downtown Development Authority’s plans for 2018 are encouraged to attend an upcoming community round table. During that meeting, the organization will also be seeking the public’s feedback on past and future projects, events, and activities related to the Rawlins downtown district.
- With a large scale vegetation project proposed to take place in the Medicine Bow National Forest, the USFS spent the last two days providing the public with updates at the Brush Creek Hayden Ranger District Office.
- The Encampment girls basketball team is rolling this season, and has hopes of improvement down the stretch.