- Five of six bighorn sheep ewes the Wyoming Game and Fish Department were planning to capture near the Encampment River received radio collars. Collected samples are being sent to the state wildlife health laboratory as a part of a state-wide research effort into bighorn herds.
- Active Republican party members in the area will muster this weekend for precinct caucus at various locations around the county.
- At the legislature, the edible marijuana bill passed the senate on third reading Wednesday.
- After discussing, at length, whether wilderness boundaries should be reduced or expanded for the Ferris Mountains Wilderness Study Area, the Carbon County Wyoming Public Land Initiative Committee continues to research designations that would protect the current land values.
- Today begins the weekend where every game counts more than the last as the 1A schools are at state, and 3A is at their regional basketball tournaments.