- At a Council of Governments meeting last night in Encampment, WYDOT laid out its plans for upcoming road projects in Carbon County. Several citizens also brought forward concerns that they want the state highway department to address.
- In October of last year, the Rawlins City Council opted not to take action on a proposed sewer fee increase. Multiple work sessions failed to produce an agreement. Instead, council directed city staff to come up with options to be considered at budget time this year. On Tuesday, a new option for raising rates was on the table.
- The fate of an accused Medicine Bow cattle rustler and vicious murderer stood in the balance Tuesday as high school students from the Little Snake River Valley visited the Carbon County Courthouse for a mock trial on Big Nose George Parrott. The case of the infamous highway man was used as a teaching tool for students to learn about the court system and the area’s history.
- The schedule has been set for this year’s summer concert series, Rawlins’ Music in the Park. The annual event kicks off June 21st with the last concert slated for August 16th. With eight different bands set to play throughout the summer, Rawlins residents will have plenty of entertainment on Thursday nights.
- The HEM track team won eight gold medals at their regional track meet last weekend and look to take that momentum into the state meet on Friday.