- The Bureau of Land Management is spearheading an outcome-based grazing initiative to improve management of grazing on public lands. A ranch in Rawlins is one of the eleven permit holders chosen to serve as a demonstration project.
- After completing the phase one and phase two closures at the Rawlins Municipal Landfill last year, city officials are looking to expand the life of the current construction and demolition waste pit. Now, in talks with the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, the City of Rawlins is working to significantly extend the life of the pit.
- Hunters can view the draft hunt season proposals for each big game species, print a comment form, or submit comments on-line through the Wyoming Game and Fish website. However you submit your comments, they are due by five pm Wednesday evening, April 4th.
- Improvements at Saratoga’s wastewater treatment plant are currently underway with a construction crew on site making updates to the lagoon system. Monday the crew worked on replacing equipment in the system’s lift station.
- Officials in Rawlins will consider whether or not to approve a prepayment of nearly $30,000 as part of a push by the county and seven of its municipalities to pay off a series of bonds from the 2009 6th Penny Tax.
- A look at one rule change from the Wyoming High School Activities Association, along with an update from spring football camp in Laramie.