Winter storm triggers delays, closures
About 300 miles of eastbound Interstate 80 from Evanston to Laramie, mile marker 18 to 323 is closed this morning. The interstate from Rawlins to Laramie is closed in both directions. Whiteout conditions caused by heavy snow and winds shutdown the cross-country corridor by late Monday morning. It has been closed ever since.
The latest update from WYDOT puts the opening time around noon today. In central Wyoming, I-25 is closed from Casper
Many state highways are closed.
Closures Early Tuesday Morning:
• US 30/WY 287 Walcott to Rock River, closed
• WY 487 Medicine Bow to Casper, closed
• US 30/WY 287: Walcott to Rock River, closed
• WY 287/789 Rawlins to Muddy Gap, closed
• Muddy Gap to Jeffery City Closed
• Muddy Gap to Pathfinder
Other closures and cancellations:
• All Carbon County District 1 schools in Rawlins. A make-up date will be announced at a later time.
• Carbon County District 2 schools in Hanna, Elk Mountain and Medicine Bow are closed.
• The Saratoga schools are open.
• The Board of Carbon County Commissioners has postponed tomorrow’s regular meeting until Monday, February 10.
Other county government offices and services are also closed today, including:
- Both Circuit and District Courts
- Rawlins Library
- Carbon County Extension
- Rawlins City Government offices are working on a delay today
- City Hall, DDA Main Street, Recreation Services, & Public Works Administrative Offices – opened at 10 A.M.
- The 14th Annual Saratoga, Encampment, Riverside Conservation District Winter Workshop, scheduled for today and tomorrow at the Platte Valley Community Center has been cancelled.
For the latest updates on road closures and conditions, visit https://wyoroad.info/
Little League working on field agreement with Saratoga
This evening the Platte Valley Little League will go before the Saratoga Town Council yet again to discuss an agreement to use the baseball fields off of Seventh Street.
The organization hopes to come to a solution that allows children to play baseball in Saratoga this spring. Emma Diercks takes a look back at the issue.
Engineering Associates to supervise Medicine Bow Complex project
The Carbon County Commissioners have entered into agreements with Engineering Associates and Shepard Construction, Inc. for the supervision and construction of the Medicine Bow Complex.
Although Engineering Associates has been involved with the project since its development, the firm was recently awarded a more than $100,000 contract to supervise the project. Cali O’Hare has the latest in this ongoing story.
State lawmakers eye fuel tax increase
In Cheyenne, the legislature convenes next week for the budget session. As part of the process, the Joint Revenue Committee is sponsoring two bills that could raise taxes. Emma Diercks reports.
Sports: Lady Miners aim to stay hot after comeback win
- Wyoming basketball ready for Boise State
- Broncos: Steve Attwater named to Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Rockies: Front office and SS Trevor Story avoid arbitration with 2-year deal worth just over $27 million