- Now that a vacancy has been formally declared on the Board of Carbon County Commissioners, the local Republican Central Committee is accepting letters of interest from area Republicans looking to serve as a county commissioner.
- Verizon Wireless plans to extend communication to another Carbon County community with a proposed cell phone tower near Hanna.
- Last night in Rawlins community members met with representatives from the Downtown Development Authority to discuss plans and ideas for projects, events, and activities for the downtown district.
- A Rawlins man, who was busted with a misdemeanor of meth charge in May, was sentenced to a term of probation Monday morning for a felony offense of driving while under the influence.
- The Rawlins boys basketball team is ready to hit the second half of conference play after splitting over the weekend.