- A shoplifting attempt at a down town Rawlins store turned into a pursuit Monday afternoon. The Rawlins Police Department issued a Code Red Alert to residents in the Mountain View, Downtown, and Southside Rawlins areas before the suspects, thought to be dangerous,were apprehended.
- A Rawlins couple has pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of child abuse where the victim allegedly suffered several injuries.
- In Rawlins: Last year’s budget hearing turned controversial after the mayor and some city council members had harsh words for some of the all-volunteer non-profit organizations that serve the community. Tonight, those same non-profits will approach the council again to request funding for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Representatives from the University of Wyoming, including President Laurie Nichols, visited schools in Carbon County on Monday morning for UW signing day. They will be in Saratoga today as students make their commitment to be Cowboys and Cowgirls. Photographs of yesterday’s signing ceremonies in Encampment and Rawlins are posted on the Bigfoot 99 FaceBook page.
- The Wyoming High School Activities Association held their spring meeting and a couple of rule changes will play into the future of the Carbon County High Schools.