- The gate swung open Monday, ushering in the high country travel season in Carbon County. Shortly before 9:30 yesterday, WYDOT announced that WY 130, the scenic byway over the Snowy Range, and WY 70 – Battle Pass Route across the Sierra Madres – were open for travel.
- In Saratoga, airplanes will soon be in the sky spraying for mosquitoes as the Town of Saratoga prepares for its annual abatement program.
- If you drive, you can expect to see a heightened law enforcement presence throughout the state as both state and local authorities crack down on improper seat belt use.
- As they continue to work through proposals for Carbon County’s four wilderness study areas, the local Wyoming Public Lands Initiative Committee discussed how to mitigate disagreements on how to designate land.
- In preparation for the upcoming Wyoming Association of Municipalities Annual Convention next month, the Rawlins City Council has appointed voting delegates and plans to support all 18 resolutions WAM will consider.
- The track season has run its course and the post season accolades have been awarded.