- In an update to a story previously reported by Bigfoot 99, the Carbon County Fair Board met with the county attorney yesterday to discuss elements of an MOU between the board and the county commissioners.
- With plans to undertake improvements on the county courthouse and the Carbon Building, the county commissioners received recommendations on how to move forward with construction while also maintaining daily operations.
- At the legislature Tuesday, a handful of education bills were successfully introduced into the House.
- Several bills looking to change laws or penalties regarding a variety of criminal offenses, including edible marijuana products, will come before state lawmakers during the legislative session. The Wyoming County and Prosecuting Attorneys Association, of which Carbon County Prosecutor Cal Rerucha is a member, has expressed support or opposition for many of the bills.
- The Rawlins Boys Basketball team got a pair of much needed wins last weekend and look to keep that trend alive as they’ll wrap up quadrant play this weekend.