- Tuesday evening’s two hour SCWEMS board meeting ran smoothly with the election of new officers and advice from the Little Snake River EMS on steps to move the system forward.
- Officials from Memorial Hospital of Carbon County had a “good news, bad news” story to tell county commissioners Tuesday. On the plus side, the recent push to recruit new physicians has proven successful. Hospital chief executive officer Dana Barnett told commissioners at their regular meeting that two family practice doctors, a general surgeon, and a part-time OB-GYN have signed with the hospital in recent weeks. Barnett said the new recruits will come on staff over the next six weeks.
- Three members of the Carbon County Fair Board attended yesterday’s County Commissioners meeting to continue discussions for a memorandum of understanding between the two entities.
- To bring science and agriculture together, the Encampment School is applying for a Wyoming Department of Education grant to build a green house.
- The Little Snake River track team is low on numbers but full of talent.