- In Rawlins; with concerns growing among city council members over how much money is allotted for the Rochelle Ranch Golf Course in this year’s budget, a workshop was held on Monday night to work the numbers.
- What is being teed up this summer is a series of construction projects at Carbon Two schools. The school district Board of Trustees recently approved bids for two projects in the county.
- While many are getting ready to grill, fish, camp, and hit the road this weekend, others are getting ready to honor fallen heroes and Wyoming’s military history as part of Memorial Day celebrations. In Rawlins, VFW Post 2311 is asking the public to help decorate the graves of veterans in the municipal cemetery on May 26th at 9 am. Then on May 28th at 10 am, the post will hold its traditional Memorial Day tribute. The Platte Valley VFW Post 6125 is holding a Memorial Day Service at 11 am on Monday at the Encampment Cemetery. Also this weekend, on Saturday afternoon, a celebration recognizing how Wyoming State Parks commemorate our military heritage will be out at Fort Steele Historic Site. The event will include short presentations and refreshments. That’s from 1 to 4 on Saturday and is part of the 150 Summers Celebration of 2018.
- With extra road milling left over from the runway rehabilitation project at the Saratoga Jet Center, the Town of Saratoga is looking to use some material and sell whatever is left over.
- The post season accolades continue to roll in the county’s top student athletes. The Rawlins soccer program earned 15 honors to conclude one of their best seasons in school history.