- Leave the kids alone. That is the word from Wyoming Game and Fish. With warmer weather and an uptick in visitors to Wyoming, the state game agency has sent out a reminder to keep a safe distance from wildlife, especially the newborns.
- Carbon County School District #1 put on a strong showing at the Special Olympics Summer Games last weekend. More than 10 athletes competed in a variety of swimming and track & field events. Many of them brought home gold and silver.
- Whoa, slow down partner. There’s a new speed radar sign in the town of Hanna. The Marshal’s Office is again proving resourceful. With the help of the Sinclair Wyoming Refining Company, the Marshal has installed the speed radar sign on Highway 72 near the Hanna Recreation Center.
- Memorial Day Weekend is here and the Rawlins VFW Post 2311 has planned two special activities to remember and honor the men and women who died while serving their country.
- Also on Monday, the Platte Valley VFW Post 6125 is holding a Memorial Day service at 11 am at the Encampment Cemetery.
- To celebrate 150 years in conjunction with the Union Pacific Railroad, many events have been scheduled to take place this summer at Fort Fred Steele, starting tomorrow.
- Former Wyoming Quarterback, Josh Allen, has gotten a taste of the NFL this week and he’s slinging passes like he’s back at the War.