November 22, 2022 |

The Salvation Army is looking for bell-ringers this holiday season in Rawlins.

Tink Day, local organizer for the Salvation Army, said volunteers are needed to collect donations in the traditional kettle pots. With stations set up at Walmart and City Market, Day—said she needs people for both places, specifically on Black Friday.

Volunteers are not required to wear a Santa costume, but Day said it would be great if they did.

On weekdays, ringers work from 4 to 6pm at both locations. Day was realistic about what a shift typically looks like.

Pictured above: Salvation Army bell ringers. Courtesy photo.

Day said you can sing carols, or play them on your phone, if you are self-conscience.

The Salvation Army donation kettle and apron are stored at the two locations. Day explained what to do once a volunteer starts their shift.

Day, was a recent, Rawlins Community Builder Award recipient, will come collect the donations at the end of the shifts. She has 6 spare kettles in case one is filled before the end of the shift. Day said they broke the record last season.

The money is used to help people in Carbon County throughout the year. While 10% of donations go to cover corporate expenses, the other 90% stays in the county. Day said board members at the Rawlins Cooperative Parish dictate how that money is spent. Day mentioned how much the Salvation Army has helped people in just the last month and a half.

Households may request a maximum donation of $250, once a year. Day said they focus on helping people pay bills. There are other organizations in town that offer other kinds of support, such as food and clothing.

Day said people interested in volunteering should sign up on Facebook. If someone is unable to register digitally, Day asked them to call her at (307)321-4989.

Tink Day needs volunteers to collect donations for the Salvation Army. If you would like to help, click on the link below and register for the date and time of your choosing. Salvation Army: 2022 Bell Ringing (

Previous articleSaratoga Museum hosts first model train show
Next articleRailroad strike looming again over labor agreement


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here