- If you suffer a heart attack while out hunting, boating, or hiking, the Rawlins Search and Rescue may be able to buy you valuable extra time thanks to the donation of new equipment from the Sinclair Wyoming Refining Company.
- Although federal legislation drafted by US House Representative Liz Cheney to release Wilderness Study Areas in Wyoming has drawn support from Sweetwater County, the Carbon County Public Lands Initiative Committee continues to work through recommendations for the four designated areas here in Carbon County.
- State lawmakers get back to business in Cheyenne today after a long mid-session break that gave them Monday off. On Friday, the House restored 2-million dollars to suicide prevention as members worked through a slew of amendments during third reading of the Budget Bill. The funding is in addition to 6-million dollars designated for alcohol and tobacco prevention programs, which will be implemented through a new, decentralized model beginning July 1st.
- As the Wyoming legislature enters into its 11th day of the 2018 budget session, Carbon County School District #2 continues to watch the movement of education based bills.
- One of Wyoming’s candidates for Governor will pass through Carbon County this week and area residents are encouraged to attend a Town Hall meeting scheduled for Thursday.
- In sports, the Rawlins Outlaw swim team wrapped up the season with a fifth place finish at state.