- Carbon County residents familiar with the Sage Creek Highway south of Rawlins will see some changes to the roadway in the coming year as officials finalize preparations to pave a 44 mile stretch of road.
- Like the state, Carbon County School Districts are experiencing declines in student enrollment.
- The Rawlins Division of the Wyoming Highway Patrol began the New Year one man short after Lieutenant Bob Garner officially retired on December 31st.
- New national data indicates that Wyoming’s workplace fatalities remain fairly static, most of the US is seeing an increase.
- The year 2017 proved to be a solid one for the high schools of Carbon County. A year’s recap of highlights.