Carbon County residents voted to reinstate the sixth penny specific purpose tax in May. Photo: Bigfoot 99.

Sixth penny tax returns to Carbon County today

The sales tax increases to six percent today in Carbon County. Consumers will pay an additional penny in tax on every dollar spent. Retailers started charging the additional penny at midnight.

Voters approved the optional one-cent tax in May. The proceeds from the sixth penny tax will help fund a variety of infrastructure projects around the county.

The Wyoming state sales tax remains at 4 percent. Carbon County increases to 2 percent, for a total of 6 percent. The lodging tax remains at two percent, meaning that hotels and motels will start charging eight percent tax today.

 

Flu shot clinics making the rounds in Carbon County

For the next two weeks Carbon County Public Health will host its annual round of flu vaccine clinics.

The first clinic is scheduled for Wednesday at the Jeffrey Center in Rawlins.

Public health will also visit the senior centers throughout the county. Emma Diercks reports.

 

 

Photo: Cali O’Hare/Bigfoot 99.

Officials take final look at changes to trash hauler regulations

In Rawlins: Up for third and final reading before city council tonight is a series of amendments to Title 8. This is the portion of the municipal code that sets rules and regulations for commercial trash haulers and property owners.

One of the changes would require trash haulers to provide city hall with a list of names and addresses of their customers. This is a deal-breaker would one councilman. Cali O’Hare has been following the story and has the latest.

 

 

Photo credit: Bigfoot 99.

Saratoga council to consider clinic lease revision

The Saratoga Town Council is expected to decide tonight on whether to begin a process to revise the lease for the medical clinic the town owns. Any change would be designed to accommodate the current operator of the facility, who is not meeting the terms of the agreement.

Revising lease was the consensus opinion of the mayors of Platte Valley towns during a workshop on the issue last week. Diercks has the story.

 

 

Sports: Lady Panthers look to improve on successful first half of season

The Saratoga Panther volleyball split over the weekend and now have played their first slate of conference games. Joey Saverine has the story.

 

More Highlights:

  • Cowboy football gets it done on the ground
  • Cowgirl golf finishes in the top 10 in California
  • Broncos lose Chubb for the season

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here