- Gary Ervine hasn’t got much sleep this week. He’s been putting out fires, literal and figurative ones. Ervine owns Saratoga Forest Management. He doesn’t remember the exact time that the first flames were spotted Monday afternoon, but other details of the early moments of the fire that swept through the back lot of his saw mill a burned into his memory.
- A jury trial has been scheduled to take place a year from now for a civil lawsuit against the City of Rawlins and two of its police officers stemming from an incident two years ago when the cops shot and killed an unarmed Colorado man.
- Carbon County students received a crash course in the agriculture industry during the 25th Annual Ag Expo held yesterday.
- Carbon County School District #2 is moving forward with two large construction projects, the replacement of an HVAC system at HEM and the remodel of the vocational agriculture shop in Encampment.
- The City of Rawlins will once again offer seedlings and ready-to-plant trees to area residents as part of it’s upcoming Arbor Day celebration.
- The county track teams are eager to get back into competition after Mother Nature put a damper on recent matches.