- Carbon County School District #2 is asking parents of students to take a survey to answer questions on how schools in the district can be improved.
- In Rawlins, city officials formally adopted a new set of civil service rules for the Rawlins Fire Department, hoping the changes will help with employee recruitment and retention.
- In Washington, Senator Mike Enzi will be part of the conference committee that will work out differences between the senate and house tax reform bills.
- While the Upper Platte Valley Solid Waste Disposal District continues to work on their closure permit for the Saratoga landfill, the board also continues to discuss how to address testing of ground water at the Encampment landfill, which was declared closed in 2003.
- During Tuesday’s meeting of the Carbon County Alliance for Drug Endangered Children, the Department of Family Services explained the community has few certified foster families despite a significant need.
- In sports, the high schools of the county open their winter season today as their weekend schedules are packed to the max.