- To test their strategies on lock-down and evacuation procedures, the Saratoga Middle High School held a mock drill Wednesday afternoon.
- The Carbon County Visitors Council has released its new guide, complete with maps, sample itineraries, and lodging and dining suggestions for each community. Combined with new partnerships with two outlying municipalities, the visitor’s council is gearing up for the tourist season.
- One of the stops on any tour of the county is the Saratoga Museum. The museum is launching its craft mart this weekend in conjunction with a book signing with CJ Box.
- Don’t forget that tomorrow is Kid’s Fishing Day in Saratoga. The free, fun annual event takes place at the Saratoga Inn Pond on Texas Trail. It starts at 8 and goes until noon. Participants are advised to bring fishing gear, sun protection, and chairs if you like. A hamburger and hot dog lunch provided by the Saratoga Lion’s Club will be available beginning around 11:30. The family friendly event coincides with free fishing day across Wyoming. Anyone can fish for free across the state without a license tomorrow. All other state regulations remain in effect.
- Warmer weather means spending more time outdoors and opening the windows, but barking dogs and animals at large can put a damper on summer fun. The Rawlins Police Department is reminding local pet owners to abide by the city’s ordinances regarding animals.
- It’s an overall light weekend for Carbon County as the school year is wrapping up, but the UW Cowboys have a basketball roster update.