- The Rawlins Police Department is looking into a false report that was called in Wednesday evening regarding an active shooter at a local business. Now the RPD is calling upon the public for help, as they try to identify the person who made the fake report.
- Interviews for the principal position at the elementary schools in Hanna, Elk Mountain, and Medicine Bow are complete. Two of the three candidates visited the communities.
- In Rawlins, residents should see some needed upgrades to the city’s infrastructure in the upcoming year. A half-dozen water lines and a main sewer line, that have a lengthy history of breaks and repairs, have been identified for replacement.
- At the legislature, lawmakers failed to override the governor’s veto of a bill that sought to prevent destructive mass protests at pipelines, power plants, and other facilities. Governor Matt Mead said the Senate File needed more work.
- Just days after the 3A state basketball tournament, the 2018 spring sports season is underway.