- The Riverside Town Council is considering putting ordinances in place to help large events run smoothly in the future.
- City staff in Rawlins hope to upgrade the building official’s vehicle to a new full size pickup truck soon. Staff will recommend the Rawlins City Council award the bid during Tuesday’s meeting.
- As the Carbon County Wyoming Public Land Initiative Committee makes preparations for two open house meetings to talk about local Wilderness Study Areas, the board continues to stress the importance of written public comments.
- Wyoming’s State Parks and Historic Sites first began participating int he national “First Day Hikes” initiative seven years ago. The number of participants continue to grow. This year, guided hikes were held at 16 locations around the state, and record numbers of hikers turned out to take advantage of the New Years Day tradition.
- Busy weekend for Carbon County High School sports teams.