- Both, the Carbon County Commissioners and the Library Board, will hold special meetings later today. After interviewing the 12 people who applied, commissioners will select three to fill the open seats on the library board. Following the appointments, the library board will hold its own meeting to elect officers and revisit unfinished business.
- After receiving feedback from staff and community members, Carbon County School District One has established school calendars for Rawlins and Little Snake River Valley for the 2018 to 2019 school year.
- In an update to a story previously reported by Bigfoot 99, the City of Rawlins’ Urban Systems Committee has approved the final report of the Higley Boulevard Corridor Study and will make its recommendation to the city council in February.
- Rocky Mountain Power PacifiCorp has partnered with Invenergy to move forward with development of a wind energy production plant.
- The schools of the county proved once again they can contend with anyone in the state.