- The vacant seat on the Board of Carbon County Commissioners has been filled. In a unanimous vote on Tuesday, the remaining four commissioners appointed Baggs rancher, Bob Davis.
- With five commissioners in place after Davis was selected, the board continued its work quantifying expected impacts from construction of the TB Flats Wind Energy Project north of Medicine Bow.
- The Carbon County Clerk’s Office is hosting public voting meetings in Rawlins and Saratoga.
- A question about cattle rustling in Wyoming came up at the legislature Tuesday during discussion of the House budget bill. While detailing the 17.6 million dollar budget recommendation for the Livestock Board, Majority Whip Albert Sommers informed lawmakers that the travel allowance for the state’s lone rustling investigator would see a 52-thousand dollar increase. The band inspection program itself, Sommers said, would be increased by 500-thousand dollars under the budget plan.
- The Saratoga boys basketball team will take the two seed into the Regional Tournament.