- Despite the snow and winds throughout the day Monday, all roads in southern Wyoming are open this morning. Conditions are generally slick with some isolated snow showers. One important weather related delay to pass along to you: Schools in Carbon County School District Two are operating on a two-hour delay. Bus runs will start two hours later than usual and schoolhouse doors in Elk Mountain, Encampment, Hanna, Medicine Bow, and Saratoga will open two hours later than usual. District Superintendent Jim Copeland said schools will release at the normal times.
- If you live in Saratoga and haven’t paid your water bill, it’s time to catch up. The Carbon County Impact Joint Powers Board has granted the town permission to start shutting off services to delinquent accounts.
- Carbon County residents are encouraged to participate in a short, online survey aimed to help the county clerk’s office determine future voting needs for elections, including methods and equipment.
- In Encampment, a design is in place for a hoped-for community fishing pond. Now town officials are casting lines for funding opportunities to bring the proposed project to life.
- The Rawlins City Council is expected to approve the renewal of annual liquor licenses for local businesses after a public hearing scheduled for tonight.
- After last month’s check-in sessions, the US Forest Service has honed its Medicine Bow Landscape Vegetation Analysis to three predominant themes.
- The Rawlins Lady Outlaws won a couple of big basketball games over the weekend. They’re looking to keep the streak going, heading into the post season.