- The deadline for filing to run for public office is this Friday, June first. Despite many terms expiring for county offices and for seats in outlying communities, many have no takers so far.
- With budgets due in July, both Carbon County School Districts presented their boards with preliminary financial plans for the next school year.
- On an unrelated school note, Saratoga Middle High School will hold a mock lock down and evacuation drill this afternoon. Principal Zack Schmidt told Bigfoot 99 that this afternoon’s drill is a joint training exercise between the school and area emergency personnel. The scenario and other details about today’s exercise are under seal until the drill is activated. Principal Schmidt wanted parents to know about the drill in advance.
- Carbon County’s own Ribbons of Hope is gearing up for its only fundraiser of the year, the Fiesta 5K, and registration is now open. In addition to participants, the non-profit is also seeking volunteers to help set up on race day.
- After seeing success last year with a class teaching diabetics how to cook healthier meals, Carbon County Public Health has decided to host another series starting in June.
- The high school rodeo season has come to a close. It’s now time for the state buckles to be won and Saratoga Cowboy, Kasen York, is sitting in solid shape heading in.