- In Saratoga, the planning commission has been studying ordinances for mobile home districts in other Wyoming communities with the issue of RV’s popping up on lots in violation of zoning rules.
- In Rawlins, the 150th Anniversary Planning Committee struggled to find traction yesterday as it grappled with financial and other obstacles to stage celebrations this summer commemorating the construction of the Union Pacific Railroad line here.
- At the legislature, a bill that aims to create an ongoing funding source for the Wyoming State Fair came out of the chutes with bullish support Wednesday.
- For the ninth year in a row, the Saratoga Hot Springs Resort is hosting snowmobilers riding across the Snowy Range to raise funds for the Carbon County Search and Rescue. The big fundraiser is set for Saturday.
- Carbon County veterans looking for answers or help with health care questions and other issues resulting from military service are encouraged to take advantage of an upcoming opportunity. Vicki Osman, an outreach officer with the Wyoming Veterans Commission, will be in Carbon County next week. She will be available between 9 and 3 on Thursday, February 22nd at the Rawlins VA Clinic and on Friday, February 23rd at the Platte Valley Community Center. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Vicki Osman at 307-214-2112.
- The Encampment girls basketball team is set to square off in the biggest game of the season when it comes to post season seeding.