- County commissioners and members of the fair board are working to repair their strained relationship. Miscommunication between the two bodies is blamed for recent issues. County officials say they’re hopeful that a memorandum of understanding will smooth things over and establish a way to move forward.
- Most schools in Carbon County are following the state trend with a continued increase in graduation rates.
- In Washington Monday, Congressional Democrats ended their holdout and joined Republicans in passing a short-term spending bill to reopen government. The senate voted 81 to 18 on a measure to keep Washington running through February 8th. It then went to the House where it passed despite significant opposition.
- After stealing property from the Sinclair Golf Course and misusing prescription medication, a Rawlins man will serve time in prison.
- In an effort to improve safety for pedestrians crossing Higley Boulevard in Rawlins, the Urban Systems Committee is expected to recommend that the city install an underpass. The committee meets Thursday to finalize the plan.
- The Rawlins boys basketball team is set to square off against the top team in 3A this evening after Mother Nature dealt her hand over the weekend.