- With a civil rights lawsuit looming against the City of Rawlins and two police officers who shot and killed an unarmed man, Carbon County Attorney Cal Rerucha says the special prosecutor who made the initial determination that the shooting was justified, had no conflict of interest even though she knows one of the officers.
- Carbon County Sheriff Jerry Colson will retire next month with the official announcement yesterday. Carbon County Commissioners will be tasked with choosing his replacement.
- Working Americans will have more money in the pockets next year. The senate, last night, passed the sweeping tax reform plan along strict party lines.
- More than 20 city employees were honored for their service during Tuesday’s Rawlins City Council meeting.
- The Rawlins girls basketball team is off to a fine start and has plenty of positive to take away from the first two weeks of play.